In respect of
KERN BEYOND SWITZERLAND GmbH
Kern Beyond is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed, stored and disclosed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.kernbeyond.com (the “Site”) or ordering any goods offered through or associated with our Site (the “Goods”), you are deemed to have accepted and consented to the practices described in this policy.
The Site is owned and operated by Kern Beyond SWITZERLAND GmbH (“we” / “us” / “our” / the “Company”), which is registered in Switzerland under company number CHE-450.798.460 and has its registered office at Socinstrasse 3, Basel, Switzerland, 4051. Kern Beyond GmbH processes personal data as a Data Controller, as defined in the Directive and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
The Site contains links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates or to websites shared by other users. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Data We Collect About You
We collect and process personal information so we can provide our Goods to you. It’s important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. The data we collect and process about you is explained in the sections below.
- Data You Give Us
- You give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our marketing database, search for a product or place an order on our Site.
- The information you give us includes your name, address, phone number, email address, age and gender.
- We rely upon your explicit consent to use and process the data described above.
Data We Automatically Collect
- Each time you visit or use our Site, we automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, location, network data, browser plug-in types and versions, languages, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- We use this information as statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns, for system administration, and to evaluate, provide, protect or improve our Goods (including by developing new products and services). Because we collect, use and share this information in the aggregate, it does not identify any individual.
- Data We Receive From Third Parties
We use third parties such as Shopify (to manage the e-commerce functions on our Site),(our fulfilment and storage center)[a], Facebook (for advertising and ad targeting) and PayPal (for payment processing). For more information on how these companies handle your personal data, please refer to their privacy policies.
How We Use Your Data
- We use your data to carry out our Site in the following ways:
- To administer and manage your account, to provide you with information you request from us, and to carry out any other obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To respond to communications from you and to provide you with information about our Goods, including notifying you about changes to our Site or Goods.
- We also use your data to make our Site and Goods better in the following ways:
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, deliver relevant advertising to you and make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- To administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- As part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure, e.g. by conducting analysis required to detect malicious data and understand how this may affect your IT system.
- We will not send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under applicable data protection laws. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous enquiry by you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have expressly consented to this.
- You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please notify us in writing or by email at email@example.com.
How We Secure Your Data
- All of your personal information is protected and we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and management procedures to safeguard and secure the data we collect. Your information is stored on secure cloud databases, internal servers, and on third party softwares. Your information is only accessible by employees who have authorised access rights to such information. All of your payment information is encrypted using SSL technology.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and the security features described above to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How Long We Store Your Data. We only keep your personal information for as long as it’s necessary for our original legitimate purpose for collecting the information and for as long as we have your permission to keep it. We will delete your personal information when you request its deletion by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure to Third Parties
- We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We use third parties such as Shopify (to manage the e-commerce functions on our Site), Ontaro (our fulfilment and storage center), Social Media and Advertising Platforms (for advertising and ad targeting) and PayPal (for payment processing). These third parties have access to data we share with their platforms.
The only other circumstances under which we would share your personal data are:
- If the third party is a member of our group.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data will be one (1) of the transferred assets and the purchaser will be permitted to use the data for the purposes for which it was originally collected by us.
- If we’re under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others (including exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
- International Transfers
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated as securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include our entering into contracts with any third parties we engage and the use of Commission-approved Model Contractual Clauses. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- You can obtain more details of the protection given to your personal data when it is transferred outside Europe (including a copy of the standard data protection clauses which we have entered into with recipients of your personal data) by contacting us as described in the Contact paragraph below.
- Your Rights
- Lawful Bases
- We will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently and that it will only be processed if at least one (1) of the following bases applies:
- You have given your clear consent to the processing of your personal data for a specific purpose.
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party (or for us to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you).
- Processing is necessary for our compliance with the law.
- Processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
- Processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority and the task/function has a clear basis in law.
Processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, except where there is a good reason to protect your personal data which overrides those legitimate interests, such as allowing us to effectively and efficiently manage and administer the operation of our business, maintaining compliance with internal policies and procedures, monitoring the use of our copyrighted materials, offering optimal, up-to-date security and obtaining further knowledge of current threats to network security in order to update our security.
- Data Subject Rights
- Under the GDPR, you have the right to:
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your personal data if we have another legitimate reason for doing so (such as to comply with a legal obligation).
- Be informed of what data we hold and the purpose for processing the data, as a whole or in parts.
- Be forgotten and, in some circumstances, have your data erased by ourselves and our affiliates (although this is not an absolute right and there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal data but we are legally entitled to retain it).
- Correct or supplement any information we hold about you that is incorrect or incomplete.
- Restrict processing of the information we hold about you (for example, so that inaccuracies may be corrected—but again, there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict processing of your personal data but we are legally entitled to refuse that request).
- Object to the processing of your data.
- Obtain your data in a portable manner and reuse the information we hold about you.
- Challenge any data we use for the purposes of automated decision-making and profiling (in certain circumstances—as above, there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict our processing of your personal data but we are legally entitled to refuse that request).
- Complain to a supervisory authority if you think any of your rights have been infringed by us. (We would, however, appreciate the chance to address your concerns, so please contact us prior to taking this step).
- You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights) unless your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will get your express opt-in consent before we use your data for such purposes or share your personal data with any third parties for such purposes, but you can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at the Company Address, via email at email@example.com or by unsubscribing using the links contained in the marketing emails.
- We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach of your personal data when we are legally required to do so.
- Some of the cookies we use are essential for the Site to operate. If you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
- Before any non-essential cookies are placed on your device, you will be shown a pop-up message requesting your consent to setting those cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies, but you can choose to enable or disable some or all cookies via the settings on your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are required to save your session and to carry out other activities that are strictly necessary for the operation of the Site. They include, by way of general example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Site, use a shopping cart, or make use of e-billing services. These cookies are session cookies, which means they’re temporary and will expire when you close your browser.
Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they’re using it. These cookies help us improve the way the Site works by, for example, ensuring that users are finding what they’re looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to the Site. They enable us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Site, the pages you visit, and the links you follow. We use this information to make the Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We also share this information with third parties for the same purpose.
Social Media cookies. These cookies work together with social media plug-ins. For example, when we embed photos, video and other content from social media websites, the embedded pages contain cookies from these websites. Similarly, if you choose to share our content on social media, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through.
- Third Party cookies. We use third party cookies on the Site from Facebook for advertising and ad targeting. Please note that we do not control cookies placed by third parties and our Site does not block them. Please check the relevant third-party website for more information about these cookies.
- You have the right to opt out of social media cookies and third-party cookies and to object to automated profiling. To enforce either of these rights please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes To Our Privacy & Cookie Policies Any changes we may make to our Privacy & Cookie Policies in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. You will be deemed to have accepted the terms of the updated Privacy & Cookie Policies on your first use of the Site following the alterations. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy & Cookie Policies.